There are some concord grapes growing along the fence of our rental house and the neighbor said that I could use them if I wanted to, so I tried out grape juice. I've never made it before, so I went to the other neighbors house because she is a big canner, and borrowed her juicer. She gave me some basic instructions and I waited until I had a day that I had nothing going on. At least no errands to run, etc. The kids and I took a five gallon bucket and headed out to pick the grapes at 8:30 a.m. Picking them took longer than I thought, but it wasn't too bad. I started juicing them about 9:30 a.m. and finished my last batch at 6:00 p.m. It took forever. I got 12 quarts out of 1 1/2 five gallon buckets full. I hope it was worth all that time and effort. It sure looks beautiful and smelled glorious while I was cooking the grapes. I hope it tastes just as good. The kids were such good helpers with Mason that day!



Yummy!
7 comments:
My mom cans grapes, and we love grape juice!!! My mom adds a little sugar to the juice just so you know. I'm right there with you in peach canning mode at the moment :)
wow....I want to try...Andrew's mom has a grape juice thingy mabob....have you tasted any of your juice yet? Sounds like it was alot of work! thanks for the b-day gift!
Yet another skill to add to your "super-homemaker" tool belt. Looks good!
You amaze me. When I grow up, I want to be like you. :)
Seriously Girl, Where do you get your energy?!! I want to do so many things, but they just don't get done. Oh well maybe someday. We miss you guys. Love Utah Fall for me because I miss that too. Florida is good though. I will try to post something soon.
Crystal!!!! I'm sooo glad you found me! I've always wondered if you guys had blogs!!! I'm so excited we can now keep in touch!!! Your kids are sooo big and super cute!!!
That looks yummy, my Mom makes that every year. So I need a quote on some vinyl lettering. Will you email me so I can get you the info? Thanks!
Post a Comment