Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Triathlon!

As many of you know I did the Echo Triathlon last Saturday!! It was awesome! Perfect weather, perfect water, perfect bike, and perfect run. I loved this triathlon and will definitely do it again. For those of you who don't know, the triathlon I did was a sprint, which is a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike (20K), and a 3 mile (5K) run. I did ok on my times also. My goal was to do it in about 1 hour and 30 min and my time was 1:34, so I was pretty happy. To see my full results you can go here.
I finished 10th in my age group! Yipee!
Jared & kids, my parents, my in-laws, and Jared's brother and his wife were there to cheer me on. It was so fun to see them at each of the transitions and at the finish line! Sadly enough our camera died half way through the race, so Jared didn't get any pictures of me on the bike or run, but I did steal some from the website. As you can tell they have the watermark through them.

The Finish Line!
Getting the wet suit on.

My transition area.


My little sweeties! They had to wake up at 5:00a.m. to drive from Duchesne! I was very excited to see them:)


Me and my sister-in-law Melissa! She is awesome and is going to be right their with me next time:)



Transition from swim to bike.


Coming out of the swim. This guy ran right past me as Jared was taking the picture.
The kids! They had lots of fun thing for the kids to do. (face painting, sign making)


Bike to run transition.

Bike. Ahhh, it was great!

5 comments:

Krista Neil said...

You go girl! Great job, I totally need to do something like this post baby to get me back in shape, way to go!!!! :)

Melissa said...

We're sooooo proud of you! You did such a great job and I can't wait until WE do one together again.

Glenna said...

You are awesome Crystal! I bet it felt so great crossing that finish line! I love biking, but running and swimming I could live without. You are an inspiration to all the rest of us!!!

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

you go girl!

lemon twigs said...

How exciting! You are such an inspiratin to me I hope you know. I think I'll have to try one (nervous chuckle) and see how it goes! No better way to work off the baby fat right? - 4 years later (:

great job - Melanie