Thursday, July 9, 2009

Air Show, Starvation, and No kids!

I know this is very late, but I had to post the pictures of the air show. Jared's Grandpa Taylor came and stayed with us for one night and went to the air show with us on Saturday. He is a funny fellow! We had a good time and made some funny memories. The kids wanted to sleep by him that night, so we pulled out the sleeping bags and they slept on the floor in our unfinished basement by his bed! They thought it was great.


Garet loved all the airplanes and helicopters. He was in Heaven!



Our happy Mason boy! He did pretty good considering he had to sit in the stroller almost all day.


We went to Starvation for Thurs, Fri, and Saturday to celebrate the 4th. It's a tradition in Jared's family. The weather was actually pretty calm this year. We had a little rain on Thursday, and Friday was very nice, and Saturday was a bit breezy, but not the typical Starvation wind storms we usually get. I had a blast water skiing for the first time in two years. It reminded me how much I LOVE it. It is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. We also went for a swim to get ready for the triathlon on Saturday:) I hope I'm ready! I cheated a little and slept at Jared's parents house, which is only 5 minutes away, one of the nights. Mason and I definitely slept better. The only bad thing about this camp spot was the mosquito's!!! They were everywhere. We had two mini swamps next to us and the kids found hundreds of tad poles and frogs to play with and of course got eaten alive by the mosquito's. Serioously, Camille probably had 50 bites or more on her body. I got several and so did little Garet. Thankfully Mason didn't get any. No matter how much bug spray we used we still got bit. Yucky! This is the one picture we took at the lake. My mother-in-law took a bunch, so I will get some from her. Garet loved digging in the sand.

Grandma and Grandpa Taylor asked to have Camille and Garet come stay with them for a week, so we left them in Duchesne after our Lake trip and they are coming to meet us at the triathlon on Saturday!!! It has been a wonderful brake for us. Taking care of one easy going baby is so nice! I can do so many things. Wow! I do miss them though and can't wait to see them at the finish line! Mason had learned how to move all around in his crib when he sleeps, so I had to get a picture of him. He is a tummy sleeper. Oh, so precious!


4 comments:

Melissa said...

We had a great time with you guys at the lake; as always. Live it up today...your last day without the kids. Good luck in the triathlon tomorrow!!! We'll be there rootin' ya on.

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

yuck, i hate mosqitos!! Looks like alot of fun. How are Camille and Garet holding up at Grandma and Grandpa Taylor's for a whole week!! They are probably getting spoiled to death!

Glenna said...

Sounds fun... I've never been to an airshow before. Bet it's interesting.

Holly said...

You guys have been busy busy busy! That's what summers are for though right, one vacation after another. What a nice break for you to just have one kid at home for a week, I'm jealous! :) How was the triathlon? I'm sure you did great! Hey and thanks again for that cute blanket you made, that was so sweet of you!