Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mia & Garet/It's Gourd Time

We can sure grow gourds in our garden. I didn't even plant one gourd seed this year. They were only volunteer and we got an entire wheelbarrow full! The kids think they are so fun! We decided to take them to the Syracuse Farmer's Market and sell some of them. The night before we went, Camille said to Jared, "Dad can you show me how to be a farmer at the farmer's market?" It was so cute. She had to get dressed in her cowgirl boots and pants because she thought she was going to be a real farmer! We stayed for an hour or so and sold a few. Camille and Garet loved it and we took them to get icecream with the money they made. They were so proud of themselves.
I don't think I ever posted a picture of the finished bunk beds! Here they are. We love them and the kids sleep great. Jared is such a great hubby; he is so talented! He never ceases to amaze me with all the things he can do.


These two have become the best of friends! We get to tend Mia every Tuesday and Thursday, and Garet constantly asks when she is coming again. They are so silly together and play so great. They come up with the funniest things to play. We have this purple slimy thing that Camille got for her birthday last year and Garet was telling Mia it was a spider. They were both stomping on it as hard as they could and yelling at it. They also love to run around and around the table in circles. Funny kids!!!











3 comments:

Holly said...

I can't believe you didn't even plant one seed this year and you ended up with that many gourds! WOW! Do you still have some? Maybe (if I remember) I'll stop by and pick a few, thanks for the offer!

P.S. How are you feeling? The big day is getting closer!

Kassey said...

Jared you are way talented! I don't think I could make anything like those sweet bunkbeds. This is the first time I have ever commented on a blog. Wahoo for me!!!

Penny said...

What a funny post. I can't believe Mia was so quiet while you were filming her. She usually LOVES to talk on film. Premadonna. Also, you gourds are awesome. Mia talks about Garet pretty much all the time. Also, she'll be sure to tell Garet the Big Bad Wolf is coming next time she's at your house and then make a spot for him. That's what you get for reading fairy tales, I guess:).