Sunday, June 25, 2017

Wake Board Competition, Ceramics, and Painting

We were lucky enough to hear about a wake boarding competition at Mantua Reservoir in June.  We headed up to check it out and had a fun time watching the pros jump and flip and actually land.  Pictures don't do it justice....
Dallin and Camille




Beautiful June day!

Dallin and Garet

Notice the guy flipping in the air
We went to Willard Bay with the Torgerson's for the rest of the afternoon.


Ava was brave and tried the knee board!
These little entrepreneurs have been wanting to have a slushy stand all summer.....I finally agreed and they sold quite a few Rainbow floats (slushy with vanilla icecream).  They are old enough now that I don't have to help nearly as much. 

DeLynne and her kids came for a visit!  Her 4 oldest boys and Garet participated in an Aerospace Camp and Hill Airforce Base, so they spent a couple nights with us so she wouldn't have to drive back and forth.  We had fun catching up and the kids had a blast playing together.
Paige and ShayLee snitching in the raspberry patch.  ShayLee is 10 months younger than Paige.

The boys were dying to kayak down the slough....they loved it.

Garet, Ezra, Von

Ezra is 1 year older than Garet.....they became fast friends.

Just a beautiful summer sunset in Hooper.  We love it here.
Grandma Taylor came for another visit....this time Camille was home.  She taught the kids how to paint ceramics.  We found a ceramic shop in Ogden and they each got to pick one out.
Paige - pretty doll, Mason, Dallin and Garet - car penny banks, Camille - oil lamps





They had to try out the Torgerson's canal!
Sleds are great surf boards.

Paige and Hailee



I mustered up enough time and commitment to paint Dallin and Paige's room.  I painted the ceiling and baseboards white and the walls a light sand color.  It turned out beautiful.  I found some bunk beds, so Paige and Dallin can share a room, which means I get a vinyl/craft/sewing room all to myself.  Yipee!  

No comments: