Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baseball/Softball Season

Camille and Garet played baseball this year!!  It was really fun.  I played when I was a kid and it brought back lots of memories.  They both did really well learning to catch and hit the ball and learning the rules of the game.  Camille was in machine pitch and had a super awesome coach!  He was so great with the girls and she really enjoyed playing.  She improved a lot during the 8 games and handful of practices.  I was sick for one of her games and Jared was out of town, and she hit a home run!!  She didn't even know that's what it was called.  I was so sad I missed it.  She had several good hits and did really well playing second base.  She even got a couple of outs!
 I didn't get any pictures of her batting, but here are a couple of outfield shots.
 Garet had a flunky coach.  Is that even a word?  He only showed up for one game.  So.....Jared and some of the other parents had to step up and be the "coach".  Jared never played baseball as a kid, but he did just fine helping the little boys.  Garet loved having Dad help him and pitch to him.  He played coach pitch and if they didn't hit it after five pitches they would set the tee up.  Garet was quite the little hitter.  They were very fun to watch.  Just a few funny things:  running the bases backwards, the entire team diving for the ball, everyone wanting to play first base, and dropping the ball on the base to get someone out! We had quite a few laughs from these 5-6 year olds!


They'll both be champs next year!

No comments: