How is the challenge going for everyone? Jared and I are doing pretty good. Only one week left. I think we are both missing the icecream that we have occasionally, but we are surviving. We've eaten lots of fruit lately so that is good. I'm usually fine if I have fruit: apple, banana, leather, or raisins after my meal or with it. The hardest time of day is in the afternoon. I get the biggest sweet tooth at that time of day. I'm trying to train myself to not crave sugar by doing other things and keeping myself busy. I didn't think I would be able to do this, but it turns out that the longer I go without sugar the easier it is. I made it through a trip to our friends cabin with lots of treats, a cake decorating enrichment night, and two birthday parties, so I think this week will be home free! I hope to continue eating sugar in moderation when this challenge is over though. I don't want this whole month to be for nothing, so I think I will tell myself I can have a treat or sugar 3-4 times per week. We'll see how it goes. Let me know how you are doing! Sugar Free!!!
1 comment:
Ok, you may have gotten this off my blog, but I cave sometimes. I think I'm with you with the "in moderation" thing. It has made me more aware of sugar though. Some sugar (fruit and fruit juice) is better than other sugar (candy and cookies), and actually it's a good idea to watch it when your pregnant anyways.
Post a Comment