Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Sugar Challenge!

My good friend Jody, from our days in Logan inspired me to do this no sugar challenge with her. I also convinced Jared to do it with me. It definitely helps to have moral support:) So, we are still allowed to eat fruit, honey, and things that have a minimal amount of sugar in them, like pancakes or waffles, but no cookies, candy, icecream, jam, syrup, etc. We are going to do it for the whole month of March. I love sweets and I think I am addicted to them because I seriously would eat a treat or something sweet after lunch and dinner. Horrible, I know. This will hopefully get me out of that habit and help my body to not crave sugar.
So, is anyone else up for the challenge?! Can you do it? So far so good for us, but it's only been 3 days:) We'll keep you posted.

9 comments:

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

well, you have way more will power than I do...I am dreaming of eating Scarlett's birthday cake this month!! Also, I would love to take some pics of your kids(it would be great practice) and I will give you some pointers also..I have tried about 5 new recipes in the past week that I absoultely love!!! check my blog soon for them:)

Angie said...

I want in!! I don't know if Mark has the will-power to last a whole month. He is the king of cheating, which makes me want to cheat as well. Maybe you can be my moral support too!

Flower Photography said...

Crystal,
Bryan and I did the no surgar thing for the month of November and part od december that was hard. Thanksgiving and no pie? Are you kidding!? Anyway I shall do it with you I am definetly addicted and that month I went with out I stopped getting head aches and stopped craving it!
Anyway so count me in, and I am sure I can get Bryan to do it too!

Krista Neil said...

I'd have a hard time with this one, and convincing Eric would be a miracle, he is the only one that convince himself for stuff like this. So what do you put on pancakes and waffles if syrup and jam are out?

Holly said...

No, I couldn't do it! You guys are brave! Good luck with that!

P.S. You're not going to eat cake or ice cream on Garret's birthday??? ...that is pure torture!!! :)

Krista Neil said...

Ok I mentioned this to Eric and he wants to do it, we're in. We're assuming stuff like granola bars are out. We're starting late for March, but we'll do it until Spring Break so you can check in on us :)

Mary Ann said...

What an inspiration....as my post-pregnancy weight loss is officially at an end since I started gaining weight back this month (NO FAIR!, I too am in. This will be VERY DIFFICULT for me, so we'll see if I last, but it's worth a shot!

jennywren said...

Wow, I'm pretty sure I would suck at this challenge. I have, sorta, been trying to be a tad better, but you may have inspired me. But not all together...I just don't have that will power!

Leslie said...

Heck yeah!
Ryan is taking part in the Barlow Biggest Loser Challenge (I'm not allowed to participate). I'm supporting him by cooking healthy and cutting out sweets and fast food! Since having Olivia large amounts of sugar has been giving me migraines, so apparently it's bad for you...who knew?
What a good idea to post your terms and conditions, now we have to hold you to it!