Sunday, February 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Dallin

We sure love our Dallin Boy!!  He is such a happy easy going little boy.  I can't believe he is already three.  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel of having 2 "babies".  He is growing up and doing so many things on his own....it is wonderful.  The last big hurdle will be to get him potty trained and then I think I may just do a dance:)
For Dallin's birthday we opened presents before the kids left for school because they were all so excited.   
 He got a new yellow snow shovel, some bubble bath and a few little things from Camille, Garet, and Mason.
The snow shovel had to come in the car with us, to bed with him, and everywhere he went.  He loves it!!  But, then it rained the whole week after his b-day.  Now, it's a sand shovel.
 That night G & G Cable stopped for awhile.  We had crepes for dinner (Dallin's request) and then coconut cupcakes (dairy free, of course).  They were super yummy!  We sure love our littlest boy.

 The week after his birthday we went to Duchesne for a big birthday celebration for all the nieces and nephews who have January, February and March b-days.  They had to go visit the shaggy horses.  We also went to Jared's brothers baby blessing.  It was a fun-filled weekend:) 

On a side note....the ice castle is melting very quickly.  We were worried it was going to fall on the house, so we hooked the truck up to it to pull it over towards the street and had quite an exciting afternoon.  I am just glad it all came down safely and didn't land on any children or houses:)  PHEWWWW!  Now I don't have to stand guard by the ice castle.
It is still a huge pile in our front yard and the boys love to take hammers and chisels out and pound away.  Little boys heaven!
With the ice castle down that means spring is on it's way!!!!!

Right after I stopped videoing the big chunk fell off the top.  Jared was chopping and it started to crack and he jumped out of the way and BOOM it fell.


Mason and Camille had an adventure at the dentist a couple weeks ago.  Mason had 2 cavities in between a couple molars that we had to get filled.  He was so brave and did awesome!  Camille had to have 4 teeth (2 baby canines, and 2 molars) pulled for orthodontia reasons and was also super brave.  The poor girl was hurting afterwards.  Two of the teeth had some very long roots on them.  I was the very same way when I was little, with a little mouth and crowded teeth, so I feel for her....but those braces were worth every minute/dollar.  Someday she will have beautiful teeth to show for all the headache she has to go through now.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my sweet Dallin. He is priceless! He is the happiest little boy and so pleasant. He'll get the potty training thing soon. He'll probably do it in 1 day when he decides he wants to.
That ice castle was amazing this year and I'm glad it's down too. Men just need an adventure don't they? Even if it is just trying to take down an ice castle. What a man you have!!! He is the best.