Paige Crystal Taylor
October 17, 2012 6:02 p.m.
7 lb 12 oz 19 inches
Mason and Paige share a birthday! What a special day for Mason.
Is it true we have 5 kids!! I never thought the day would come.
The birth story:
Wednesday morning I woke up having contractions, but thought they would just go away like they had been. We celebrated Mason's birthday in the morning before the kids went to school and Dad went to work. He was so excited to get his very own legos and playdough. The day was just like normal, but the contractions weren't going away. They weren't very strong though. Jared called and said, "I need to go to Logan for work this afternoon, do you want to go with me?" Of course I thought, great, I need something to get my mind off of having the baby. So we planned to leave around 3:00. About 12:00 or so the contractions were getting closer and stronger and I realized that we were going to have the baby today. So, I called Jared back and told him I didn't think we could go to Logan. He kept saying, "Are you sure?" I was a little hesitant, but thought we should stay. Around 2:00 I told him he better come home, it was time to go. He got home about 3:00 and we headed out the door around 3:30 to drop the kids off at Grandma's. We got to the hospital about 4:00ish and when they checked me at 4:30 I was 7 cm dilated. Yippee!! We weren't too far from having our baby girl. I was doing really well with the contractions, using my hypnobirthing techniques and Jared was such an awesome coach. Then about 5:30 the Doc broke my water and I finished dilating through about 3 contractions. I started pushing and she was born at 6:02p.m. This was by far my easiest labor and delivery!! Hypnobirthing was awesome. It helped me stay focused and calm and remember that my body was meant to give birth and that it's not a scary thing. It is so great to have her here safe and sound! The kids are totally in love with her and so are we. Hopefully adjusting to life with a new born will go smoothly for everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed:)
5 comments:
She is so beautiful. I can't believe you have five kids....cute ones at that. We can't wait to meet and hold that little sweetie pie. I have not doubt you'll be amazing with the transition of having a newborn and a 20 month old. You are a wonderful mom.
She is beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well. Congrats to you guys!
I can't wait to meet that little gal!! She sure is precious. You will do wonderful with 5 kids... I think you were meant to have 20!!
Congratulations! She's too cute!
So smooth, she's beautiful! I'm betting you'll do great :)
Post a Comment