Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of Second Grade & Kindergarten!

I can hardly believe I have a second-grader and a kindergartener!  Wow, time flies.  Garet didn't actually start school until a week later, but he wanted to go so bad the day that Camille started.  I love the first month of school because the weather is usually so great!  The kids love riding their bikes to and from school everyday.  They both love their teachers and are having a great time.
 Garet on his official first day!  What a handsome boy.  (For some reason I forgot to take a picture of Camille by herself)

Garet sitting at his desk.  His best friend, Preston, happens to be in the same class, and they even sit on the same table.  I told his teacher they might be trouble:) 
 Dallin is growing so fast and getting so fun!  He is still my most happy, smiley baby!  I count my blessings everyday for this little bundle of joy!  I don't know what I'd do without him.  He makes me smile.


 Salsa making day!!  We've actually made salsa two times already and Jared has been so great to help me out.  It is an all day project.  Garet and Mason joined in on the fun this year. 
Squishing the "Matatoes", as Mason would call them.
 Hooper Tomato Days is over Labor Day weekend and they have a rodeo on Monday night.  This year Garet wanted to do the Mutton Bustin, so we signed him up!  I took a video of him, but was so nervous/excited for him that I moved the camera half-way through and missed most of it.  He was awesome though!  He kept hanging on even when he was being dragged in the dirt and finally the sheep went down with him.  He wasn't going to let go for anything.  He got 2nd place though.  Dad said he would buy him a belt buckle!  He can't wait.  This is him before his debut.  Both sets of Grandparents came to watch and even Aunt Collette and Uncle Bryan.  We sure love our Garet boy!
This is the video, it is really short and doesn't show much.  I'll do better next time, or hand off the camera to someone else!

3 comments:

Krista Neil said...

I've been canning too, even salsa (I'm doing it a way easier way this year with a dry packet mix stuff), I can't keep up! lol. We've tried and tried to get Liss to do mutton bustin' and she won't, go Garet!!! Can't wait to see the belt buckle haha :)

Lisa said...

Wow I can't believe you have kids in 2nd and kindergarten too. It seems like yesterday I was sending my little ones to school. Time flies. Enjoy these days they are precious! We were so proud of Garet doing the "Mutton Bustin." He's a tough little kid! It was a fun rodeo. Thanks for the invite!

Kandie said...

Holy smokes,
You have a real cowboy on your hands.... That is so cool... way to go Garet. It's weird when you get two in school isn't it. Fun to see your adventures in Hooper.