Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mini Triathlon and Bee Adventures

My sister, Carly and I did the Layton Surf N' Swim Triathlon on July 30th.  It was very fun!  Our other sister Kendra was supposed to do it too, but she got the stomach flu the night before....bummer!  This was Carly's first time and she did AWESOME, such a natural.
We swam 300 meters in the pool and then biked 5.5 miles.

and ran 1.5 miles.  Perfect distances!

 Our cheering section!  Jared was so nice to bring all four kids (at 7:30a.m.) and come cheer us on!  Camille is set on doing the kids triathlon next year:)

 Dallin just chilling in the bike trailer.  Such a trooper.
We had a great time and I was surprised by getting 2nd place overall for the women.  I wasn't planning on it at all, I was just having fun and doing my best.  We weren't even going to stay for the awards, but Carly talked me into it and I'm glad I did:)



Our bees are doing awesome!  Jared and Garet were out checking on them a couple weeks ago and they both got stung.  Garet was so brave he didn't even cry.  He said, "Dad, a bee is stuck to me."  He took one of the frames out that was loaded with honey.  We got three quarts of honey from it!!  It is so yummy!
 The proud bee keepers.
We can't wait for the real harvest in the Fall!!  Honey, honey, oh so yummy:)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Second place! So proud of you, way to go.

lemon twigs said...

Second place?!? Awesome job Crys!!! You are so amazing - I am ALWAYS inspired after reading your posts (o:

I use honey so much - I need to get me some bees! 4 quarts?!? Nice!

Sharstin said...

hey! just found your lil blog--what a cute fam you have.
and so awesome girly, way to go!

Amanda Stephan said...

Way to go!!! That is awesome! I would probably die! haha.