Monday, May 23, 2011

Chicken Coop moving day!

The chicken coop is finally done!  Yahoo, no more stinky chickens in the garage.  It was a very heavy chicken coop because Jared sided it with some oak from some pallets he scrounged up.  So....being the engineer that he is, he had this brilliant idea to put wheels on it and tow it out to the garden with our neighbors tractor!  I have to admit I was skeptical at first, but it worked like a charm.  On Thursday we had a short break from the rain, so we decided to tow it out.  It went very smooth and we got it right into place.



 The kids love to go look at the chickens and torture them.  On Sunday we had corn on the cob for dinner, so we had the kids take the cobs out to feed to the chickens and we caught Mason chasing one of the chickens, trying to hit it with the corn cob.  (Now we know why our neighbors put a lock on their coop!)
 Hopefully the interest lasts. 

 Chubby Dallin, just after the tub.
 Millie is like the second mother!
 And....a very cute smiley guy all ready for church!  I love this age!

9 comments:

Kendra Belliston said...

Wow, I am really impressed!! Cute little Dallin, I can't believe how big he is all ready. I swear when their not yours their life goes by ten time faster!

Angie said...

I love your chicken coup! It is so cute! I wish I could have chickens...it is against our HOA...stinkin' city rules!
Your kids are getting so big!

Kandie said...

You guys never cease to amaze us...when you do something you really go all out. I LOVE your coop.
...And little Dallin is very chubby, and so cute. We're coming in July so let's get together.

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

Love it! Such a well engineered coop! I can't wait to see it in real life, and get Andrew pumped up about getting us some chickens and a coop! How are the Bees doing in all of this yucky rainy weather?

Melissa said...

Dallin...what a sweetie! Love that smile. I can't wait until he and Evelyn can play together.

You guys are just regular ole' farmers. Garden, honey bees, chickens, tractor. You just need a pig, horse, and a cow.

Thanks for the yummy muffin recipe!

Lisa said...

Yaozzah! What a coop!!!!! How fun for your kids. Can I come live at your house? What more could a "youngin" want or need.

Krista Neil said...

Ok, that cute chubby picture was sooooo cute! That's a good lookin' chicken coop :)

Critt & Britt said...

Wow, that is quiet the chiken set up! I can't believe how big your family looks in that top picture and mine is just as big. Crazy right? Your baby is darling.

Glenna said...

Wow! That is one impressive coop. I don't know why I would expect anything less from Jared though! Very nicely done.