Monday, November 9, 2009

Too Cheap?!?

The other day the kids and I were riding in the car and we passed the local pet shop.

Camille:  "Is that the store where you can buy dogs?"
Me:  "Yep!"
Camille:  "How much do dogs cost?"
Me:  "Hummmm...anywhere from $20 - $1,000.  It depends what kind you get."
Camille:  "We would want the $20 one huh."
Garet:  "YA, we want CHEAP!"
Me:  Uncontrollable laughing.  "Yes, we would!"

Another story....

Jared was in Walmart with the kids and he was contemplating which crackers to buy.  Camille piped up and said, "Mom always buys that one because it's a good deal!"  Garet then agreed, "Ya, it's cheap!"

I think my frugalness is wearing off on the kids.  Oh, well.  I guess that's not such a bad trait after all.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Still laughing! That is hilarious. Totally fits. :) Way to be frugal.

Andrew & Carlene Wood said...

o mans!! That cracks me up...you must talk alot about getting the best deal!!

Kassey said...

So funny!! My kids always say "can we buy this when it is on sale" They pick it all up!!

Penny said...

My kids always ask if I have a coupon for things they want. When I say no, the usual response is "bummer." Glad to know someone else is in the same boat :).

Krista Neil said...

lol, I'm into coupons, so Liss will say, can I get that when you get a coupon for it? Kids are a hoot :)

Kandie said...

I love it... kids say the coolest things sometimes. They make life so much more exciting and unpredictable. We started a quote journal for our kids because they were always saying silly things, and I would forget by the time I got home. I just keep it in my purse all the time. My kids love to go back and read the funny things they did or said. You are good parents for teaching them to be frugal. Keep it up. Love you all.