Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Sweet Prayer

Tonight for family prayers it was Garet's turn to say it. He usually needs help, but tonight he wanted to do it by himself. So he started out, "Heavenly Father, help me go on the potty next time." It was so sweet. Yesterday, he decided he was going to wear underwear and he did surprisingly well. Today, he had one accident while Mia was over (he gets so excited when she is here). Anyway, I got a little upset and he was mad his pants were wet, so he was sweet enough to pray about it, without any prompts from Mom and Dad. That makes everything all worth it!

5 comments:

jennywren said...

Awesome! Good luck with potty-training. My Garrett was the best one so far with potty training, and they say boys are usually harder. I hope it goes smoothly for you too!

Holly said...

How cute! That's so sweet that he would think to pray for help with that. Good luck, I am not looking forward to potty training Quinn but I'll have start thinking about it eventually.

Angie said...

I don't know if you remember me, but by sister-in-law just forwarded me your blog link. Wow, it has been a long time. Looking at your pictures brought back a lot of fun memories. Your kids are so cute!

Krista Neil said...

Potty training is the worst, good luck, it actually sounds like he's doing pretty good.

Penny said...

Oops! Sorry about my part in that :). You get him trained really well so you can start training Mia for me, okay? ;). What a cute prayer. You guys are obviously great parents for him to say that. Also, thanks for you help today--I really don't know how I would survive without you!